Some of them is overrated:
2. Customer Focus
5. Human Resources
Finally I am able to articulate my life mission: I want to be successfull big 4 technology consultant, and this guy nails it (he writes very inspiring articles). He gives me a pointer of what I have been doing in the past 10 years and what I am going to do in the next 20 years, hopefully. So what is Technology Consultant all about:
1. It’s not about technology
– The role of technology consultant is identify problem, frame and communicate the solutions.
– Performance measured by impact you have made on the firm and clients
2. Power point and Excel are primary tools
Need to develop excellent communication skills (presentation, writing, data analysis)
3. Part of Audit Firm
Size of technology practices/revenue etc is very small compare with Financial/Audit.
As I write the title of this post “I want to be Successful Big 4 Technology Consultant”, I realized that it was a good example on how I should organize the posting in this blogs. So lets try to breakdown the title:
– I is about myself, so is personal, is about Life
– Want to be is Motivation, is a process steps, is a Career
– Successfull is relative, is people and society interpretation, so is about culture.
– Technology, is part of science, I start with Information Technology to Financial and Energy Industry
– Consultant is a Profession and in large scale is an Industry, A Business.
This whole article might be about How To, Fact or and Opinion about those criteria. So it is very difficult to decide which category that might fit into my blog category. That’s why I introduce a tag which based on application classification. Which are:
– Financial: Banking
– Energy: Coal, LNG, Renewable, Electricity, Transportation
So what is Science?
Def 1. Science is systematic study through observation and experiment.
Def 2. Science is systematic and formulated knowledge
Evidence gathered through experiment and observation
What is Scientific Requirements?
1. Clearly defined terminology
3. Highly controlled experimental conditions
5. Predictability and Testability
Is These Things Science? (Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Management, Business)
Well it’s art, its discipline. Story about economics is story about politics
Economist, Politician, Leader is overrated
Is leadership overrated? is economist overrated?
Education should not allergic to criticism. So if there is an article mention about education, well even the worst, subjective one. I would say its valueable and very important.
Ah science, that’s why we can explain why people enjoy abusing their president.
1. Popularity: complex social phenomenon with no agreed upon definition
This can be caused by Archetype Theory and ‘Celebrity Worship’ Theory
2. Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate
3. Pygmalion / Rosenthal effect: The greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform
4. Hawthorne / Observer effect: Individuals modify or improve an aspect of their behavior in response to their awareness of being observed
Jakarta Average PM2.5: 16.5 ug/m3, Average BC 3.37 ug/m3 (BC in PM2.5 22%)
WHO recommendation: PM2.5 10 ug/m3 PM10 20 ug/m3
Atmospheric Black Carbon in PM2.5 in Indonesia Cities (Jan-Dec 2011)
Health Effect of Black Carbon
When Chemistry is begin as Chemistry is same as when Physic begin as Physic. Is when Scientific Method (1605) by Sir Francis Bacon, and Outline of Scientific Method (1637) by Rene Descartes. Hydrogen discovered by Henry Cavendish in 1766 and Antoine Lavoisier recognize the importance of Oxygen in combustion.