Literature Review: Environmental impact of clean energy
Study of impact of electricity generation into climate both long-lived carbon dioxide and short-lived ozone and aerosol precursors have been performed by various researcher (Shindell and Faluvegi, 2010). Environmental impact of electricity generation for near-term and long-term also has been performed (Shindell et al., 2012) (Sandén and Azar, 2005). Study that related factor that affecting CO2 from power sector in Indonesia also performed (Shrestha et al., 2009).
The study used LEAP (Long-range Energy Alternative Planning) an integrated energy-environment scenario analysis (Heaps, 2012). LEAP will be used to analyse the energy scenario and the environmental impact for near and long-term climate impact. To understand this study use literature review of LEAP research paper in SCOPUS.
This study identified a 108 paper that used LEAP as model or scenario tools. After sorting and filtering we select 44 papers. Papers that selected are based on number of citation relevancy with the topics.
- Heaps, C., 2012. Long-Range Energy Alternatives Planning (Leap) System.[Software Version 2011.0043]. Somerv. MA USA Stockh. Environ. Inst.
- International Energy Agency, 2014. Energy Supply Security Indonesia 2014. International Energy Agency.
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, 2014. Handbook of Energy & Economic Statistics of Indonesia 2014. Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Sandén, B.A., Azar, C., 2005. Near-term technology policies for long-term climate targets—economy wide versus technology specific approaches. Energy Policy 33, 1557–1576. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2004.01.012
- Shindell, D., Faluvegi, G., 2010. The net climate impact of coal-fired power plant emissions. Atmospheric Chem. Phys. 10, 3247–3260.
- Shindell, D., Kuylenstierna, J.C.I., Vignati, E., Dingenen, R. van, Amann, M., Klimont, Z., Anenberg, S.C., Muller, N., Janssens-Maenhout, G., Raes, F., Schwartz, J., Faluvegi, G., Pozzoli, L., Kupiainen, K., Höglund-Isaksson, L., Emberson, L., Streets, D., Ramanathan, V., Hicks, K., Oanh, N.T.K., Milly, G., Williams, M., Demkine, V., Fowler, D., 2012. Simultaneously Mitigating Near-Term Climate Change and Improving Human Health and Food Security. Science 335, 183–189. doi:10.1126/science.1210026
Shrestha, R.M., Anandarajah, G., Liyanage, M.H., 2009. Factors affecting CO2 emission from the power sector of selected countries in Asia and the Pacific. Energy Policy, China Energy Efficiency 37, 2375–2384. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2009.01.032
- World Bank Group, 2014. World Development Indicators. World Bank Publications.