Philosophy of Environment: Fundamental Question
Philosophy of physics studies the fundamental philosophical questions underlying modern physics, the study of matter and energy and how they interact.
Philosophy of environment studies the relations between natural environment and humans place within it.
– Environment Definition (What do we mean when we talk about nature?)
– Environment Value (What is the value of the natural, that is non-human environment to us, or in itself?)
– How should we respond to environmental challenges such as environmental degradation, pollution and climate change?
– How can we best understand the relationship between the natural world and human technology and development?
– What is our place in the natural world?
Philosophy of environment has a trend of free thought located between philosophy, epistemology and anthropology. It combines various schools of philosophy such as humanist ecology, philosophy of evolution and environmental humanism. It is also meant to be a cultural trend having an influence in society.