Multi Dimensional aspects of energy
A. What is Energy?
Capacity to do work, to move an object
What is Energy System?
Its coverage of supply, transmission/distribution, and demand (transport, domestics, industry)
B. What is consequences of Energy?
Environmental aspect of energy:
- Caused: Scarcity of woods (lead to coal), availability of wind (lead to wind turbine)
- Consequences: Air pollution and GHG
Political-Economy aspects of energy
- Mechanism: Laura et al (2012) indicating economic background e.g 15% of LUC emissions in Indonesia is due to export.
- Structure: always an economic driven policy
Social aspects of energy
– Caused & Consequences: Rehman et al (2012) indicating social background e.g inequity in access, skewed specific fuel, skewed supply and vested interest.