Anyone can changed history: books, diaries, pamphlet
In the past (Dec 2014), I made a list that help me to understand the world. First it began with the list of important books in my main interest – a popular one and I made a list from Drucker to Porter – the heroes in popular management from MBA. So I begin to explore the idea from 30 years ago, as old as me, to find that a lot of concept is changing now.
Then I begin to explore from the older periode, like 100 years ago in the beginning of scientific studies of management from Taylor to Fayol. At that time, I believe that 100 years of research is more than enough.
However, as I started to read more. There is a point where I think that idea or person can be more important than a book. An idea from philosopher or an idea from politician might be very important although its only written in an article or pamphlet.
- 30 years ago is book about Management, 25 Most Influential Business Management Books (Time 2011)
- 100 years ago is book about Scientific Management, 25 Most Influential Management Books of the 20th Century (Elsevier 2001)
- 300 years ago is book about Science, 25 Most Influential Science Books
- Guardian: Academic Book that changed the world, 10 books that shaped the world
- Quora: Most influential pamphlet
- NYPL: 25 books changed history
- Wiki: Midnight in Paris, Tweleve Books that Changed the World
- Reddit: 1913 Hitler, Stalin Trorsky, Tito and Freud