Indonesia’s Energy Sankey LEAP
For energy analysts, a more sophisticated approach should be used in order to effectively integrated energy-environment planning into an energy system either local or national level. In addition, the proposed energy simulation software so-called LEAP is described and intended to identify the advantageous and mechanisms in order to perform such an energy model. LEAP can estimate useful energy demand and final energy consumption as well as the demand forecasting
TIL how powerful is LEAP in Scenario Analysis:
- Energy system planning (energy balance, energy transition)
- Energy balance analysis: It can simulate when Indonesia begin importing gas (MEMR estimated in 2019). When balance changed, what is the impact on energy & environment
- Energy transition analysis: It can simulate when Indonesia begin to use renewable (23% in 2025). When transition happened, what is the impact on energy & environment.
- Sector level analysis: It can simulate energy demand
- GHG mitigation analysis: Impact analysis